Assurant Health, formerly known as Fortis Health, has nearly 1.1 million policyholders nationwide. It was one of the first companies to introduce the tax-deductible Health Savings Accounts (HSAs) in 2004. Assurant’s health insurance plans are available to individuals, families, students, and employers.
Assurant Health is part of Assurant, which provides specialized insurance solutions and services, and also serves communities through various charities, including the Assurant Health Foundation, which awards grants to non-profits that provide accessible health care, help improve education, or support the arts.
Assurant Health Insurance Products
- Individual Health Insurance – Plans have an $8 million lifetime benefit maximum and do not require referrals. Both network and traditional/non-network plans are available.
- Small Business Health Insurance – For businesses with 2-50 employees, Assurant offers a variety of plans, including HSAs and HRAs, major medical insurance, and Healthy Lifestyle Plans.
- Health Savings Accounts (HSAs) – Funds in your HAS account are tax-advantaged and rollover from year to year, helping you pay for medical expenses and save for the future.
- Short-Term Health Insurance – Provides comprehensive coverage from 30 days to one year, with a lifetime benefit maximum of $2 million.
- Student Select – Created for individual college students, this plan provides complete medical coverage with deductibles of $250-$2,500. Coverage can continue even after the student graduates.
- International Individual Health Insurance – Long-term and short-term coverage for those traveling, living, or working abroad.
P.O. Box 624
501 West Michigan
Milwaukee, WI 53203
Assurant Company Ratings
A.M. Best: A
Standard & Poor’s: A/A-