Coventry is a publicly-traded company with annual revenues of at least $1 billion. However, the company also endeavors to provide its services with ethically and professionally. Coventry provides for preventative care and wellness programs to encourage its policyholders to live healthily everyday.
Through services under the Coventry name and other health plan brands, such as Altius and WellPath, residents in 14 states receive coverage from the carrier’s group, individual, Medicare, and Medicaid plans.
Coventry Health Insurance Products
All plans are not available in every state, so check with the Coventry provider in your service area to see what your options are.
- HMO Plans: Health Maintenance Organization Plans allow you to receive care from a primary care physician within Coventry’s network.
- PPO Plans: A Coventry Preferred Provider Organization Plan lets customers visit out-of-network doctors as well as within-network physicians.
- POS Plans: Coventry’s Point Of Service Plans give the option of visiting non-network doctors, but paperwork for claims must be submitted by the policyholder.
- Traditional Indemnity Plans: The most flexible type of plan, this policy allows you to choose any doctor you wish, but is more expensive because the carrier does not negotiate rate with providers.
- Medicare Plans: Coventry offers programs for seniors enrolled in Medicare.
- Medicaid Plans: Medicaid beneficiaries can subscribe to Coventry plans targeted toward their needs.
Coventry Health Care, Inc.
6705 Rockledge Drive, Suite 900
Bethesda, MD 20817
Coventry Company Ratings
A.M. Best: B+/B++