Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield (BCBS) provides health insurance coverage to New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut residents. Empire BCBS’s goal is to provide cost-effective health care with excellent service, a wide network, and reliable coverage. In the eyes of its members, Empire has succeeded.
Empire BCBS Health Insurance Products
Individual and Family Health Plans
- Child Health Plus: Provides coverage to individuals 19-years and under. Ask about subsidized coverage.
- Healthy New York: A state-sponsored plan that offers hospital and emergency care, with an optional prescription drug rider.
- Direct Pay HMO and Direct Pay HMO/POS: Receive care from your primary care physician, or choose the HMO/POS plan for the option to visit non-network doctors.
- TraditionPLUS Hospital: Policyholders and their dependents will receive one year’s worth of inpatient hospital care, plus hospital care for newborns and their mothers, physical and radiation therapy, and nursing care.
- MediBlue HMO: A series of medical plans that covers Medicare’s hospital and medical benefits, plus extras such as physical, gynecological, and hearing exams.
- MediBlue PPO: Does not require a primary care physician, and allows the policyholders to see doctors outside of Empire’s network.
- MediBlue Medicare Supplement: A choice of plans that helps pay for expenses such as hospital stays and emergency care overseas.
- MediBlue SmartValue Plus: Allows Medicare enrollees to see any doctor who is able to treat Medicare beneficiaries. Offers extra benefits such as vision, hearing, and emergency services.
Contact Empire BCBS
One Liberty Plaza
New York, NY 10006
Empire BCBS Company Ratings
A.M. Best: A (as of March 2011)